The SketchPlus extension for SketchUp adds over 30 easy-to-use tools, such as selection filtering, selection memory, mirroring, and aligning, which are common to other modeling applications. It designs for seamless integration into any existing workflow. These tools build to work together intuitively, making them as easy to use as SketchUp. Before you know it, you’ll wonder how you ever used SketchUp without them.
Why do you use SketchPlus?
SketchUp’s enormous following should come as no surprise since it’s one of the most popular digital design tools. It is a constant task for developers to develop plug-ins that improve the software’s basic functionality. There are many smaller developers as well as big companies who contribute to the plug-in community.
As you can see, SketchPlus has much more to offer than you might expect. You can, for instance, create curved lines and edit them with some plug-ins. You can also build 3D models quickly and easily with some programs.
You can turn SketchUp into a professional design tool when you use the right plug-ins, such as SketchPlus for SketchUp.
You can find the extension library by heading over there. Almost everything that you might need is available in these plug-ins. You can choose from more than 500. Also, you must check each SketchPlus offers review from the community to help you decide if it is right for you and what you’re looking for.
Features of SketchPlus
- Filtering by selection
- Select Lasso
- Choosing Polygon Lassos
- Choosing a Face Deeply
- Painter Selection
- All instances should be selected
- The Previous & Next selection buttons (Selection Memory)
- This is the component finder
- Recursive Explode+ (Explode+)
- Changing Axes +
- A smart array of sensors
- An array of Path Components & Copy components along the Path
- Replacing Component+
- Spin the wheel randomly
- Scale of randomness
- Choosing a random position
- Objects are dropped on the below-surface when you drop+ (Drop+)
- Return to origin
- Make it align
- Moving to Z
- The ground is flattened
- Tool for Spheres
- Tool for conical shaped objects
- Tool Torus
- You can make faces with Faces+
- Entities with recursive properties, groups, or components should be removed
- Tags such as recursive entities, components, faces, and edges should be untagged
- Faces painted in deep colors.
Advantages of SketchUp
- You’ll save time and money with these tools and features.
- You do not need to manage as many plug-ins.
- Consistent and intuitive user interface. The interface is very similar to SketchUp.
- This Plug-in provides first-class support and maintenance.
- SketchUp Pro v10 and later is compatible.
- When updating to a new SketchUp version or SketchPlus version, there is less effort to do so.
- Comparatively, fewer training sessions are required. In SketchUp’s Instructor panel, you will find tutorials.
- The latest documentation.
- Bugs and plug-in conflicts are less likely to occur. SketchPlus tools don’t conflict with each other.
- Search and download plug-ins take less time.
When there are so many different digital design software programs available, it can be challenging to start. It is crucial to becoming familiar with each tool and method. SketchPlus plug-in for SketchUp is only one software still stands out as a great choice for beginners, however. Many architects begin their careers by learning 3D modeling with SketchUp.