In today’s write-up, we will discuss how to scrapbook in layout and how they can make things easy around you. So let’s jump into it.
Adding Floor Plan
The ability to use scrapbook in layout in order to create your own styles for your drawings. First of all take a floor plan in your Sketchup. In order to add labels, we have to use scrapbook. Before we do, take your floor plan and lock the layer. This locking means now you cannot accidentally move the floor plan.
Introduction to Scrapbook
The scrapbook section can be found on the left-hand side of Sketchup. If you cannot find it then go to the window, make sure the tray is turned on, and also make sure the scrapbook is also turned on. This comes with a bunch of different scrapbooks already built in. You will see different line weights and section curves used in the scrapbook. All these things can be dragged in.
For example, if you see the title block plain, you will the drawing references. You can drag the drawing references into your floor plan from your scrapbook to label the layout. This is quite powerful otherwise I have to bring a line tool, draw a line and adding a textbook, etc. We have to build it manually which is tedious. This scrapbook allows you to use these labels which are pre-build. The most powerful thing about this scrapbook, which people generally don’t talk about is that you can change the scrapbook labels according to your will.
Follow these steps to create your own Layouts scrapbook:
- Build a Layouts file with the weather you would like to incorporate in your scrapbook.
- Choose File → Save As Scrapbook.
- Type a name for your scrapbook. In the Save As Scrapbook panel , the Scrapbook Folder list shows the situation of the folder where your new scrapbook are going to be saved. If you prefer to use another folder, you can add one using the Folder panel of the Preferences dialog box.
- Click OK (Save on a Mac). The next time you restart Layouts, your scrapbook appears at the highest of the Scrapbooks panel.
A few points about making your own scrapbooks:
- A good size is 6 x 6 inches. You can choose any paper size for the file you propose to save lots of as a scrapbook, but smaller sheets work better. The scrapbooks that accompany Layouts are 6 inches square.
- Scrapbooks can have multiple pages. In fact, most the default scrapbooks in Layout do. The 1st page in the document becomes the duvet page for the scrapbook.
- Use locked layers. Anything you set on a locked layer can’t be dragged out of the scrapbook. Take a glance at the People scrapbook that comes with Layout — the word People and therefore the information next thereto are on a locked layer.
- You can put model viewports into scrapbooks.