You will be able to seamlessly integrate Lumion and SketchUp when using the free Lumion Live Sync plug-in. Lumion 7.3 and newer supports Live Sync, so you can see your 3D model instantly. Before clicking the Live Sync button, you have to select a perspective 3D View. With the availability of real-time rendering and modeling, you can progress from your initial concept to a flawless, final rendering in a fraction of the time.
Lumion is compatible with CAD and 3D modeling programs and files. You can export your project as a Collada if you don’t want to use Live-Sync between your Mac and PC.
Instructions for Lumion Live-Sync in SketchUp
- If you slide the right slider, your file size will increase, but your model will be more detailed. Once you have selected all the options, click on export. There will be a window prompting you to save.
- You need to ensure that your computer has the right hardware and you have chosen the correct settings. It won’t take long unless you have a large model.
- Upon exporting the file, open Lumion immediately. You can create a new scene in Lumion from the opening menu. On the left side of the screen, click on the Add a New Model option.
- Once you have found your exported file, double-click it. If you click Import Animations, you will be prompted to name the model and whether any animations are present. Select the Check Mark icon in the right-hand corner of the screen.
- Your model will instantly appear in your scene once you have completed this step. Place the model by clicking on it. In Lumion, you can use all of its features to model a realistic model once you have the model in place.
Real Time rendering with Lumion Live-Sync
You can use Lumion Live-Sync to connect your SketchUp modeling projects to your Lumion rendering projects in real-time. Use the Live-Sync plug-in from Lumion’s website to link SketchUp and Lumion for seamless modeling and on-demand rendering. The Live-Sync plug-in enables you to make updates in SketchUp and see the changes reflected in Lumion immediately.
BIM has influenced the representation of photorealistic or conceptual elements when you’re in the early stages of the design. Change its dimensions to alter the way light flows in the living room. You should test the roof design in a real-life neighborhood before implementing it. An office building or the landscape design on a rainy morning looks amazing on a crystal clear day.
Uses of Lumion Live-Sync
You can shape mountains, hills, and rivers, and lakes. In addition to more than 5,600 models, the library contains urban and rural models as well as interior models, making it easy to make realistic scenes. In addition to integrating models into real-world scenarios, Lumion’s intuitive tools facilitate seamless integration with conceptual contexts. The content library has more than 1200 customizable elements to make your design truly stand out. Go beyond traditional design to give your clients a lasting impression.
Wrapping it Up
With Lumion software, you can be sure of obtaining quality views on your projects quickly. The SketchUp skills you learn from this will be enhanced. With this BIM system, you can create intelligent 3D drawings. Architects, engineers, and construction firms use Autodesk SketchUp for designing their projects.
With Lumion rendering software, architects can communicate their ideas with SketchUp models. If you don’t have any experience with 3D rendering, Lumion can connect you to your SketchUp project live.
Within less than an hour, you can produce a compelling, immersive video.
Lumion shows your design within the thick forest next to the ocean, and it’s easy to produce images and videos that are suitable for VR.